Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Date October 20th - Sign Up

Due to a family event possibly keeping me out of town I have had to reschedule the challenge to October 20th.  I hope you will all still be able to make the new date.  

October 20th - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Wahsatch Shooters Association Range in Kaysville, UT
Fee - $8 for WSA members and $15 for non-members ($7 covers range fee all day use)


Sign ups begin now.  Simply email me your name and provide your email address.  Send it to utahmncompetition@gmail.com.

A few things to keep in mind.
- We are competing with the Mosin Nagant 91/30.  The kind you get for around $100.  No scopes or major modifications. 
- Open sight shooting, standing and sitting from 50 to 100+ yards.
- A point system will be used for 4 stages so accuracy will be the key.
- Surplus ammo was used I think by all last time, but if you want to spend more money on the stuff, be my guest.

If you have other questions, feel free to post or email and I will try to answer them on the website.

This is about having some fun at the range.  If you have never competed in a shooting competition this is a great place to start.  Sign up, tell a friend, buy them a Mosin, and take them shooting.  Spread the comrade love.

4 comments:

  1. October in Kaysville. We might be shooting in the snow. The way Mosins were designed to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to be there. When I lived in kaysville, we used to shoot there every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a 91/30 with iron sights... must it be a 91/30? I have a finn and a Pole I'd like to try. also, one rifle or can we fire more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never told anyone they couldn't bring a gun to a range. To keep things fair and even, the challenge is for stock 91/30's. However, please come and see what your M44's can do against the bigger brother.

    ReplyDelete