Sunday, October 7, 2012

Getting Ready

October 20th is coming quick...

Yes, the Challenge is still on.  Personal matters are out of the way and I have been getting ready.   I hope you have been as well.  I've had a chance to get the "new" Mosin out a couple times now.  Most recently, I was able to get out yesterday with my 11 year old daughter.  Although, I couldn't talk her into shooting the Mosin, she had a great time plinking away on the 10/22.  This Mosin does not have near the amount of compensation needed on its aim point as the other one. 

I hope you've had time to get some practice in.  Now, spread the word.  Tell your buddies, tell your neighbors.  The sign up list is getting bigger and I will have to cap the number of participants to make sure we have time to get everyone through the challenge.  Make sure you've got your spot by getting me your name and email on the list.  It will also help me with planning for how many will be coming.  I know we have some tentative and some just planning on showing up.  That's great, but only those that pre-sign up will be guaranteed to take part.  Email me at utahmncompetition@gmail.com.

Saturday October 20th -
9:00  Sign in
9:15  Safety and Competition Rules
9:30  Warm Up Round
10:00  Competition Starts
12:45  Finish shooting and clean up

4 Stage
Stage 1 - 50 yards standing
Stage 2 - 75 yards benchrest, time limit
Stage 3 - 100 yards benchrest
Stage 4 - The Challenge, the fewer the shots, the more points

Bring -
Your (or someone else's) 91/30 Mosin (no modifications or scopes)
40+ rounds of ammo (20 for the competition and more for the warm up and firing line)
Binoculars or spotting scope (can be used at warm up but not during the competition)
Eyes and ears

Who will be crowned the next Utah Mosin Nagant Champion?

1 comment:

  1. I'd come if other stock mosins were allowed: M44s, M39s, etc..

    ReplyDelete